My Three Skills

Game Designer Skills


Game designing is an interesting area with many skills involved. I aspire to become a good gaming developer as I believe I have strong skills that are required for it.

Music: I can create great music for games. Games today must have good background music. As I can play piano, keyboard and guitar I can produce tunes that are suitable for games. Games also use a lot of visuals, immersion, story, screenplay etc. so, the music created must fit according to those elements. For example, in the game Bioshock Infinite, there is a particular music that plays for each of the scenes.

Animation: The second skill is that I can draw in 2D and 3D well. Recently I started animating my drawing. This credit goes to my family in  India as they promoted my interests. They thought me how to go from kid drawing to professional drawings to blueprinting. People get more info due to animation. I may use animation skill to improve previous drawings or draw new ones. I will also use it to develop some games in the future. All games after the industry collapse of  1983 had animation and drawing.


History: I also have a decent knowledge of  History and have some books on that subject. I have also experienced history in games, for example, the game Uncharted: Among Thieves has the story revolving around an artifact that exists in real life, originally called the Phurba its is sacred dagger used for rituals in the religion of Buddhism. Other games include events such as the game COD World War II which has the WWII story of a soldier at a time when the Nazi's threatened to take over the World in 1939 to 1945.

The toughest skill I think is doing Business in the game industry because, I have a difficult time conceiving success doing business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog